This is my first theme that I’ve installed and I’m perplexed! The photo of the theme looks great, but it looks very different once it is installed. I have a few questions…
1. Where do I go to put images in the slide show on the home page? Or do I have to actually alter the code?
2. I don’t see a page for the home page. Can’t I edit the text on it? Is it it only made up of blog entries? I was hoping to put an intro section on it before the blog entries.
3. The search box appears in the navigation bar and at the top of the page. How do I remove one of them?
That’s it for now, but I’m sure I’ll be back with more!
1 – Make your new post a sticky first. Then look to bottom right and choose a featured image. Do not forget to save (update).
2 – Look down your Dashboard for Appearance, Theme options, then Home page layout.
3 – Can you post up your URL.
Hey Woody, Thanks for the response!
1. I am such a beginner. How do I make something sticky? I see “Set image as featured”.
2. Okay, I see what you are talking about, but I still don’t know what I’m supposed to set or where I go to enter text.
3. http://www.sentinel-square-clearwater-offices.com I definitely need to remove the search box out of the nav bar, I’m running out of room for buttons.
4. In the setting, there’s options for social share buttons and I have all mine checked, but I don’t see them showing up anywhere on the site. Is there something else I’m supposed to do?
I figured out how to take the search out of the header, and when I added the right column it made the page much wider so I think I’m OK on width now.
OK, I figured out how to make the post stick, but my images are not showing up. I made a new post, set it to sticky, put my text in. then clicked set featured image and uploaded my image and then saved the page. Looked at the web site and the text is there but no image. What did I do wrong?WoodyParticipant
kjstrum – Just so you know, I’m not an admin here and a lot of your questions are nothing to do with this theme.
You’ve done a great job so far on your site by the way.
If you go to my site http://www.photo-restore.me.uk and use the contact form to send me your email, I’ll gladly give you more help as there’s some great plugins etc’ that you can use.
I’ll do you a complete run down “idiot sheet” lol, on how I set mine.tunamaldivesParticipant
Same issue with images not appearing. I see you have it working fine now.
Thanks for any help on how to get it fixed. Cheers.
- This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by tunamaldives.
Here’s a YouTube video on how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KEsCtRb-S8
It’s a two step process.
1. Click the link for use as featured image in the lower right hand corner of page.
2. After selecting image, instead of clicking insert into post, click use as featured image. This is the part I was messing up. I kept clicking insert into post.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.