Hi there! I’ve been using WP for years, but this is my first time playing around with your theme. I really love that it saves me a lot of time figuring out grids and positioning and just really lets me focus on getting the meat of the site content.
I’m working on a website for a family member, and wanted to set up a full-width slider in the banner. I’ve been following your directions (located @ https://www.onedesigns.com/tutorials/enlightenment-documentation-theme-demo-home-page), but noticed that in my own version of Enlightenment, the “Full Width” option for Theme Locations was not there (where you have available and hooked functions). I did everything else. In order:
- Created a sidebar entitled “Home Full Width”
- Attached it to the “Full Width” area
- Created a page with shortcodes (Additional error – the shortcodes show up on the page as if they were text)
- Created a Custom Query widget calling Home Full Width and attaching it to that page (just did one for now)
- Drank a lot of coffee and wrote this post
I’m running, I believe, Version 1.13.
EDIT: I managed to get the slider to appear, but I still can’t get the shortcodes to work. Should I just use HTML in the page template, or is there a way to make the shortcodes render as code instead of text? Very close to getting this to work!
EDIT 2: Installed the shortcode plugin. BLEGH. Okay, I guess the only issue I have left is getting rid of the space between the nav and the slider, but I think I can figure that out. Going to leave this up as a public record of my stupidity!
EDIT 3: Fixed. You can delete this whole post at will 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.